- Addiction is a brain disease
- Treatment for addiction works
- Treatment for addiction is cost-effective (worth the money)
Our goals are to…
- Reduce stigma & negative attitudes through education.
- End discrimination for recovering addicts through education (health insurance, housing, employment, public assistance).
- Improve the quality of and access to available prevention and treatment services.
- Provide a recovery voice to influence public policy.
- Organize and educate the recovering community on how to advocate without violating traditions.
- Broaden social understanding to achieve a just response to addiction as a public health crisis.
Become a member TODAY!
Partner with us by becoming a member. A variety of individual and corporate membership levels exist. More information is included in our IAIC Membership Fact Sheet.
To help make a difference today, online registration with secure online credit card billing is available. For security reasons, please register via the website of our parent organization – the MHAI (Mental Health America of Indiana) using the button below.
For other methods of payment, please complete and mail in the membership form on our IAIC Membership Brochure.
We are looking for ACTIVE members!
We have four primary committees – Public Policy, Education, Membership and Fund-Raising.
If you have an interest and/or experience in these areas and would like to get involved, please contact the IAIC via email or phone (listed below).